Sunday, 26 April 2015

Kids' Clothes Week: Wild Jeans

How cute are these?  I've made similar jeans before and I decided it was time to revisit this pattern.  It's the Basic Pocket Pants from Growing Up Sew Liberated, with a few modifications.


I've used knit fabric instead of bias tape for the pocket bindings.  I omitted the cuffs and just hemmed the legs.  I added 1/4" to the crotch seam line and did a flat fell seam.  And finally, I added a pocket to the back.

These back pockets are definitely the best bit.

Yes that's a ninja peeking out, in case you were wondering.

I love the contrast stitching, which looks great on the outside and also holds the seam allowances down for an 'itch-free finish'.

This is going to be the summer of the panda clothes for little cub!  I was going to get him to model the outfit today but the weather has been terrible so there was no opportunity to take pictures.  Never mind- he'll be wearing these plenty!



No comments:

Post a Comment